Quality Physiotherapy Care in Ormond, Bentleigh & Mckinnon
Physiotherapy is a clinical health science and profession specialising in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries.
Physiotherapy aims to rehabilitate and improve movement disorders using evidence-based and natural methods to effectively treat and manage specific conditions.
Physiotherapists are trained to assess, diagnose and treat underlying causes of muscle, joint and nerve injuries. They are highly trained professionals who are required to be registered by law which is only possible after completion of a university degree in physiotherapy.
Physiotherapists use a variety of methods and tools including:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue techniques (e.g. massage)
- Electrotherapy (e.g. ultrasound, interferential)
- Dry needling
- Ergonomic / Postural education
- Exercise strengthening programs
- Muscle stretching
- Orthotic assessment and evaluation.
Common conditions which physiotherapists treat include:
- Spinal pain
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Shin Splints
- Headaches & Migraines
- Muscle strains / tears
- Joint sprains
- Nerve pain
- Sporting injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries (e.g. tendonitis).