About Exercise Physiology
Exercise physiology is the study of acute responses and chronic adaptations to exercise.
An accredited exercise physiologist is a university qualified health professional, equipped with the knowledge and skills to deliver safe and effective exercise interventions to those suffering from a range of acute and chronic conditions.
At Ormond Physiotherapy our resident exercise physiologist is able to;
- Assess the safety of exercise and physical activity interventions.
- Assess the movement capacity of people of all ages and levels of health.
- Prescribe exercise intervention and education for those with, or at risk of developing a chronic condition or injury.
- Provide exercise-based rehabilitation and advice for patients following the acute stage of injury, surgical intervention, or recovery to restore functional capacity and well-being.
Exercise physiology is claimable through all major health funds, in addition to WorkSafe Victoria, TAC, DVA, and Chronic Disease Management plans with a doctor’s referral.
Exercise physiologists are able to help:
Key benefits include:
- Learn ways to manage pain through movement
- Improve fitness and strength
- Rehabilitate an injury safely and progressively
- Improved daily living
- Improved balance and gait
- Improved condition management